How can my team enter into Vegas Nationals?
A Team must enter and win a Vegas Qualifier Tournament.
What is a Vegas Qualifier (VQ)?
A VQ is a tournament of local teams (minimum 2) that each UPA Representative will have in which the 1st place teams receive spots into the respective National event.
When and where do VQs take place?
Each UPA Representative will host 3 VQ tournaments throughout the year during the months of September (VQ1), January (VQ2), and May (VQ3). Check the event schedule on your local UPA Facebook page for the next VQ tournament details.
VQ1 September: 6 matches required between May 1st – August 31st
VQ2 January: 6 matches required between September 1st – December 31st
VQ3 April/May: 6 matches required between January 1st – April 30th
Who can participate in a VQ?
Any UPA Team that meets the following requirements may register to compete in a VQ:
- All Dues current
- 3 original team members & original team name
- All original players have 6 matches (on that team)
- Added players have 6 matches (minimum) in respective discipline within the Season prior to the actual VQ
How can I check to see if I have enough matches played to qualify?
Simply check the “VQ Eligibility” tab in your Player Dashboard to see respective match count. 6 matches are required in order to qualify!
What is the format of a VQ?
All VQs are played in typical league night format with the following exceptions:
- First 5 player team to reach 26 points wins match (does not apply to Round Robin format)
- A player cannot play twice (no match Substitutions)
- Any forfeited match automatically awards 10 points to opposing team (Team Speed Penalty applies)
- VQs can be a Double/Single-Elimination or Round Robin format (determined by Rep)
- A player may play on multiple teams in a VQ (see details below)
Can I play on more than one team in a VQ?
Yes, a player may be on multiple VQ teams in order to increase their chances of playing at our Nationals. However, if a player’s teams are competing against one another in the VQ, the player must sit out for that particular team match.
Note: Players can ONLY play on one (1) team, per discipline, at the National event.
What is the Entry Fee for a VQ?
$25, per player. All teams must register online two (2) business days prior to the VQ or risk not being entered..
How do I Register my team?
Teams must register for the VQ 2 business days prior or risk not being entered.
- Fill out our Registration Form
- Submit Entry Fees
- Check your email for confirmation of qualification
- Edit roster (if needed)
- Receive Official Confirmation from Corporate Office.
Click Here to Register your team: Good luck!
Winning VQ Team & Remaining Qualified?
Any team that wins a VQ must remain qualified by playing required matches each following season up to Vegas Nationals.