How can my team enter into 2020 Vegas Nationals?
A Team must enter and win a Vegas Qualifier Tournament, with a minimum of 2 teams participating.
What is a Vegas Qualifier (VQ)?
A VQ is a tournament that each UPA Representative will have prior to our 2020 Nationals in which the winning team of each event will be entered into our 2020 Vegas Nationals.
When and where do VQs take place?
Each UPA Representative will host VQ tournaments during the months of September, January, and April/May. Check the event schedule on your local UPA Facebook page for your next VQ tournament details.
What is the format of a VQ?
All VQs are played in typical league night format with the following exceptions:
- First 5 player team to reach 26 points wins match (does not apply to Round Robin format)
- A player cannot play twice (no match Substitutions)
- Any forfeited match automatically awards 10 points to opposing team (Team Speed Penalty applies)
- VQs can be a Double/Single-Elimination or Round Robin format (determined by Rep)
- A player may play on multiple teams in a VQ (see details below)
Who can participate in a VQ?
Any UPA Team that meets the following requirements may compete in a VQ:
- All Dues are current Membership/Nightly Dues
- Teams must consist of 3 original members, each playing 6 matches (on that team) and using the same Team Name
- 8-Ball players must play 6 matches (minimum) in 8-Ball within the Season prior to the actual VQ
- 9-Ball players must play 6 matches (minimum) in 9/10-Ball (combined) within the Season prior to the actual VQ
September (VQ1): 6 Matches played from May 1st – August 31st
January (VQ2): 6 Matches played from September 1st – December 31st
April/May (VQ3): 6 Matches played from January 1st – April 30th
Can I play on more than one team in a VQ?
Yes, a player may be on multiple VQ teams in order to increase their chances of playing at our Nationals. However, if a player’s teams are competing against one another in the VQ, the player must sit out for that particular team match.
Note: Players can ONLY play on one (1) 8-ball team and one (1) 9-ball team at the National event.
What is the Entry Fee for a VQ?
VQ Entry Fees are $25, per player. All teams must register two (2) business days prior to their respective VQ.
Can I edit my Team Roster after winning a VQ?
Yes, provided the following criteria is met:
- Three (3) players from the original VQ remain on the roster
- Added players meet all VQ requirements
- Each player addition is $35 until June 1st
- After June 1st, all player additions must register at Nationals ($50 Late Fee, per addition)
Click here to edit your Team Roster
National Teams: Remaining Qualified
Once your team has gained entry into our 2020 Nationals and has been added to our Official National Rosters your team is REQUIRED to do the following in order to remain qualified:
- Team must remain in an active division up to 2020 Nationals
- Team must consist of 3 original players (Official Roster)
- Players must play 6 matches in each following Season up to April 30th, and a minimum of 4 matches from May 1st – June 22 (Nationals).
- All players/teams must remain in good standing; dues, conduct, etc.
Important: Any team/player who does not meet said criteria will forfeit their spot.
How do I Register my team?
Team Registrations must be received two (2) business days prior to the VQ by completing the following process:
- Fill out our Registration Form
- Submit Entry Fee via PayPal
- Check your email for confirmation of qualified team members
- Edit roster (if applicable)
- Receive Official Confirmation from Corporate Office.
Click Here to Register your team: Good luck!