These Singles Guidelines are consistent nationwide and are designed to produce fair, orderly, and challenging league night play for all UPA members. The UPA does not recognize, nor allow, variation(s), documents or local bylaw(s) of any kind.
2.0 League & Member Dues
2.1 New Members
Prior to participating in any UPA league and/or being added to any roster, new members must:
- Complete Membership Application
- Pay Membership Dues
2.2 Membership Renewals
Annual Membership Dues are required upon receipt of renewal notification. Players are not permitted to participate beyond membership period without Renewal.
2.3 Nightly Dues
Players are responsible for payment of Membership and Nightly Dues (see 3.0, Player Responsibilities). Forfeited matches are no exception.
NOTE: There are no Nightly Dues, nor points granted, for players on a “Bye” week.
3.0 Player Responsibilities
Players are responsible for all general communication (dues owed, scheduling, etc.) as well as ensuring that league night paperwork and Nightly Dues are properly submitted (see 6.0, League Paperwork).
Nightly Dues are to be paid each league night, if not:
- Bonus Point deduction = 4 points (see 5.0, Bonus Points).
- Players must pay, in full, on their next scheduled night of play or will not be permitted to participate in any UPA league nationwide.
3.1 Courteous Communication & Make-up Matches
Players must request a Make-up Match a minimum of one (1) day prior to the scheduled match as a courtesy to their opponent in order to avoid a Bonus Point deduction and/or Forfeit. The following rules apply when a player requests a Make-up Match:
- If communication has not occurred at least 3 hours prior to the scheduled match, the match shall be automatically forfeited.
- If communication takes place on the day of the match (minimum 3 hours), a Make-up Match shall be granted with a deduction of Bonus Points (see 5.0, Bonus Points).
- Any/all Make-up Match Scorecards must be submitted to UPA Corporate within fifteen (15) days of the original match date or be forfeited.
- Make-up Matches cannot be scheduled beyond the last week of session.
- League Operator (LO) must approve all Make-up Matches.
4.0 League Night
Players are responsible for scoring their own matches unless an agreed upon 3rd party is available.
4.2 Point Splits
The player with the lower Speed has an opportunity to “steal points” even when they lose their match. If the player, with the lower Speed, wins half their games they steal three (3) points from their opponent.
- The player with the higher Speed can never “steal points”
- Point Splits never occur for equal Speeds/races
4.3 Player Drop Policy
When a player drops from an active division:
- The dropped player forfeits all Prize Fund and is subject to suspension from UPA leagues nationwide.
- All un-played matches shall be considered forfeited.
- New (additional) players are not permitted to enter an active division.
4.4 Forfeited Match Points
- All forfeited matches grant the opponent ten (10) points
- Nightly Dues are required for all forfeited matches
5.0 Bonus Points
Players have an opportunity to receive up to ten (10) Bonus Points per match based on performance in the following areas:
- 3 points = Courtesy Points/Starting on time
- 3 points = Accurately/Completely submitting all paperwork
- 4 points = Membership/Nightly Dues paid in full
6.0 League Paperwork
All completed Match Cards and Scorecards must be appropriately signed and properly submitted to the responsible league representative. All submitted paperwork is considered final and is always subject to review by the LO and must meet UPA Corporate Office requirements.
NOTE: First/Last names must be included on all paperwork along with appropriate signatures.
7.0 End of Session
In the event of a tie between players for a paid spot, one (1) match will be played to determine the winner. A Round Robin format (1) shall occur if three (3) or more players are tied.
7.2 Prize Fund (PF)
All Prize Funds are consistent nationwide and are determined by UPA Corporate Office. PF shall be paid at the end of each respective session without the use of playoffs, “additional matches,” etc.
Official UPA Prize Fund payouts are public information and are always available at www.upatour.com.
Code of Conduct
UPA members are expected to know and follow all UPA rules, policies, and guidelines. Members will conduct themselves in a manner consistent with UPA ideals and will work to represent the UPA in a professional and courteous manner. Any member that disrespects UPA Corporate Staff, it’s LOs, fellow members, or host venue staff is subject to immediate suspension, loss of Prize Fund and/or Membership.