What will be covered in the Pool School?
The UPA Pool School is an intensive two-day program with each day consisting of 6–8 hours of professional instruction, depending on the skill and experience of the player/student:
Knowledge of the Game:
- The Rack
- The Break Shot
- Making Kicks & Banks
- Defensive Play
- Development of Extreme Skill-Sets (English, Speed, Spin, etc.)
- Pattern Routines
- Extensive/Efficient Drills
- Cue-Ball Control
Sports Psychology & Competition:
- Goal Setting (Pool Career)
- Subconscious Conditioning
- Performance Enhancing Techniques
- Dealing with Anxiety (Mental Strength)
“I will teach you to believe in your ability to do what others think is impossible on and off the table, and provide you with the necessary knowledge and tools of the Pros….”
– Frank Alvarez III
What other costs are associated with the school?
There are no additional costs for the Pool School. We suggest booking flights/hotel in Vegas 45 days prior to your scheduled time in order to minimize cost.
Where is the Pool School located?
The school takes place in Las Vegas, NV.
Can I take the classes with a friend or loved one?
Yes. Classes are designed to be 1-on-1 for your benefit. However, if you would like to enhance your experience by taking the course with someone else, we have a special discounted rate of only $1,282.50 for two students ($427.50 savings).
*Contact us for special group rates
Do you have special hotel rates for students?
Yes, the UPA is sponsored by local Embassy Suite Hotels and can provide our students with discounted rates as well as the following amenities:
- A spacious two room suite with private bedroom and separate living room.
- Daily full cooked-to-order breakfast
- Daily Evening Manager’s Reception
- 24-hour airport shuttle and transportation upon request (within 3 mile radius).
- 24-hour complimentary use of business center
- Heated outdoor pool and whirlpool
- 24-hour on-site fitness center
*Special rates are based on availability.
Can I receive personal instruction in my hometown?
Yes, our professional instructor will travel to your location at your convenience. Please note that there will be an additional cost of $1,000 to include travel fees and costs ($500 non-refundable deposit also required).
How good do I need to be in order to take full advantage of this school?
Our Pool School program is designed to advance your game no matter what your current level of play is. We specialize in meeting players “where they are” and understanding their needs as a student of the game. So whether you are picking up a cue for the first time or ready to go pro, our Pool School program is designed to evolve you as a player.